For many people, pasta is the last word consolation meals, particularly as we head into the colder months. However do you know that there’s a rising wave of plant-powered pasta, which is simply as scrumptious because the egg or wheat options however has added dietary advantages?
That is the place the plant-powered award-winning way of life model, ZENB is available in. ZENB Spaghetti is comprised of 100% yellow peas, giving nice texture and scrumptious style, while being naturally gluten free and excessive in protein and fibre.
Spaghetti is the newest addition to ZENB’s pasta vary, becoming a member of Macaroni, Fusilli, Penne and quick-cooking Agile and its vary of scrumptious, vegan Gourmand Sauces.
This new kitchen cabinet staple from ZENB affords a complete new technique to benefit from the iconic pasta form, made with only one easy ingredient – the small however mighty yellow pea.
Why yellow peas?
Also called ‘subject peas’, yellow peas are initially inexperienced however flip yellow as they mature, and supply a scrumptious flavour, delicate aroma and al dente texture.
The 100% yellow pea ZENB Spaghetti additionally follows within the model’s ‘veggie-first’ mission, championing greens above all else. Yellow peas are the greener selection as a result of they enhance the soil by fixing nitrogen and require much less water to develop than wheat.
Bulk up on the protein
In addition to tasting scrumptious, ZENB Spaghetti is filled with 17g of protein and 11g of fibre per serving. It is usually a supply of iron, potassium and phosphorus and caters to the overwhelming majority of dietary necessities because it’s vegan and gluten-free.
Whether or not a cacio e pepe, carbonara or a traditional bolognese, ZENB Spaghetti is remodeling the way in which the nation enjoys the quintessential Italian pasta form.
Get impressed with this fast and straightforward recipe (beneath half an hour to make!), good for a weeknight dinner, and head to the ZENB web site to order your pasta. You can too get an enormous 40% off your order if you signal as much as the ZENB publication.
ZENB Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
A jazzed-up model of the traditional Spaghetti Aglio E Olio, with added slices of crispy parma ham and edamame, peas or broad beans for added crunch.
Prep time: 4 minutes
Cook dinner time: 11 minutes
Whole time: quarter-hour
- 226g ZENB Spaghetti
- 50g parma ham slices (take away if vegetarian)
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame, peas or broad beans
- 80ml additional virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 contemporary chilli, diced (20g)
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped (25g)
- Salt + pepper to style
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180° fan.
- Add ZENB Spaghetti to a pan of boiling water and prepare dinner for 7 – 8 minutes till al-dente. Drain and toss with somewhat olive oil.
- Add the parma ham in a single layer to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake within the oven for 8 – 10 minutes, turning as soon as till deliciously crisp.
- Fill a cup with boiling water and add the frozen edamame, peas or broad beans. Go away to defrost for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and chilli to a non-stick frying pan and prepare dinner on medium / low for 1 minute till aromatic. Add parsley. Toss via the pasta. Add edamame and parma ham to heat via and switch off the warmth.
- Serve in bowls with contemporary cracked black pepper.
- Use good high quality olive oil and swap your dried chilli flakes for contemporary chopped chilli for added spice
It doesn’t cease there! It’s time to improve your lunch
ZENB can be shaking up your lunch hour with its model new lunch staple; Agile Bowls. Prepared in simply 5 minutes, the ZENB Pasta Agile Bowls are available in six thrilling flavours that channel the daring flavours of the globe together with Vegetable Thai Curry, Zesty Garlic & Spinach and Cauliflower Tikka Masala.
Every Pasta Agile Bowl is accomplished with a choice of veggies ready utilizing as a lot of the vegetable as doable, seasonings and a sachet of additional virgin olive oil to drizzle excessive for a really premium end. Discover out extra at ZENB.co.uk.