Wild Blueberry Verrines with Cinnamon Crackle
Verrines are little layered pots, much like a trifle, which were well-liked in France for a few years. These verrines use Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserve.
150ml double cream
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
200ml tub crème fraiche
8 tbsp Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserve
2 tbsp Vodka or fruit juice
For the cinnamon crackle
75g golden caster sugar
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of floor cinnamon
1 tbsp chopped walnuts, elective
1. First make the ‘crackle’. Line a small baking sheet with baking parchment.
2. Put the sugar and syrup in a small saucepan and stir over a really low warmth till the sugar has fully dissolved. Deliver to the boil and bubble till it turns a golden caramel color. Take off the warmth and stir within the bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon.
3. The combination will froth up instantly, pour onto the lined baking sheet, sprinkle over the nuts, if utilizing, and go away to chill and set. Break into tough shards.
4. Evenly whisk the double cream with the vanilla till it simply begins to carry its form. Fold within the crème fraiche. Combine collectively the preserve and vodka.
5. Simply earlier than serving, layer the preserve and cream in fairly glasses and end with shards of crackle.
Cook dinner’s ideas
– The crackle could be made as much as 2 days forward and saved in an hermetic container.
– Combine the preserve and vodka the day earlier than and put aside.
– In case you do not need to make the crackle, purchase a big chocolate-covered honeycomb bar and roughly chop.